Hamish Robb and Beth Chen combine to form the dynamic piano duo, Duo Ombré. The duo’s name—French for “shaded” or “graduated in tone”—reflects the pair’s intense process of crafting fine nuances of melody and colour. Both romantics at heart, Hamish and Beth bring a powerful expressivity to their performances, each one of which they treat like a carefully sculpted work of art. Reveling in the magic that comes with each concert, they see their performances as means of opening up new possibilities of being in the world.
- Hamish Robb and Beth Chen perform with dancers from the Royal New Zealand Ballet. Also featuring the New Zealand String Quartet. The Hub, Victoria University of Wellington. 24 May, 2019, 6–7:30pm.
- Duo Ombré performs three Rachmaninoff pieces as part of Pasquale Orchard's Benefit Concert for study at the Royal Northern College of Music. Little Theatre. 5 May, 2019.
- “Hamish Robb and Beth Chen perform 4-hand and solo classics from Russia, France, and Austria.” NZSM Third Eye series, Third Eye Bar. 20 April, 2018.
- Hamish Robb and Beth Chen (Duo ombré), Sir John Trimmer, William Fitzgerald, and Loughlan Prior. The Lark, live piano performance to Loughlan Prior’s choreography, The Lark, for ballet dancers Sir John Trimmer and William Fitzgerald from the Royal New Zealand Ballet. Part of the international event, “The Inaugural Russell Kerr Lecture in Ballet and Related Arts.” 11 February, 2018.
- "Hamish Robb and Beth Chen perform piano duet works at Wellington Hospital.” Wellington Hospital foyer, Newtown, Wellington. 16 February, 2018, 9am–10am.
- “Hamish Robb and Beth Chen: Piano duo performance at Wellington Hospital." Wellington Hospital Foyer, Newtown, Wellington. 7 December, 2017, 9am–10am.